Access and Borrowing of Library Materials
The University of Mississippi Libraries are open to the public. Anyone is welcome to use Library materials in the building. An adult must accompany children under the age of 12.
Members of the University community: students, faculty and staff, as well as alumni and Mississippi residents with a valid driver's license are eligible to borrow materials from the libraries. Circulation privileges for all categories are subject to approval.
- Members of the University Community will need their Ole Miss ID card to check out or renew materials.
- Non-University affiliated residents of Mississippi can get a Community User Card.
- To apply for a Community User Card go to the West Circulation Desk in the J.D. Williams Library. You will need a Mississippi Photo ID.
- Faculty may get a Faculty Proxy Card which allows people you designate to check out materials in your behalf.
- To apply for a Faculty Proxy Card go to the West Circulation Desk in the J.D. Williams Library. You will need your Ole Miss ID.
When you use your card for Library borrowing privileges, you agree:
- to obey all rules and regulations of the J.D. Williams Library and its branches
- to be responsible for materials borrowed and for any fines or fees accrued when materials are lost, damaged, or returned late
- to report immediately to the Library the loss of your Identification Card to avoid improper use
Change of e-mail or address
It is the responsibility of each borrower to inform the library of his/her current address and e-mail address if other than that issued by the University. Any overdue notices or communication from the library is sent via e-mail. To avoid potential fines or delinquencies, a borrower who changes addresses should notify Circulation and Access Services either at Circulation West, or via the contact information provided in the sidebar on this page.