Current students, employees, and adjunct teachers at the University of Mississippi have access to thousands of eBooks. Collections to which the UM Libraries currently subscribe include:
- ebrary: (over 32,000) Thousands of non-fiction books on a variety of subjects
- eBooks on EBSCOhost: (est. 40,000) Thousands of books on a variety of subjects. Includes previous netLibrary titles. More information about accessing netLibrary titles.
- Early English Books Online: Over 24,000 books published in English prior to 1700.
- Credo Reference: Reference works on various subjects.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: (over 130 titles) Encyclopedias, almanacs, and other specialized reference sources.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online: (over 32,000) A comprehensive digital edition of The Eighteenth Century microfilm set.
Finding a specific ebook
You can use the eBook Search option in the UM Libraries’ catalog. When you do a search in "One Search" or the library catalog, eBooks will be identified with the word "eBook" and an icon as shown here.
Accessing specific eBooks
The UM Libraries have a single user license for most eBooks, which means that they can be viewed or downloaded by only one person at a time. You do have the option of being notified when the eBook becomes available for use. You can request an upgrade to a multiple user license through your Subject Librarian. However, not all titles are available for upgrade.