Things Faculty & Staff Should Know about UM Libraries...
Personalized Expert Assistance
- A subject specialist with a Masters in Library Science has been assigned to each discipline to assist you with your classes and research; make an appointment to learn about the resources the Libraries has available in your area.
- Your subject specialist is also your library liaison who maintains the library collections in your field. Contact your library liaison with materials requests.
- Guides can help you find specific resources by discipline. We can also create a library course guide for course.
- University Libraries are the J.D. Williams Library (Main) and the Science Library. The Science Library is located in the Thad Cochran Research Center and houses chemistry and pharmacy collections.
- The Libraries subscribe to over 100 databases with access to articles and magazines, newspapers, trade periodicals and scholarly journals.
- The Libraries provide over 61,000 e-books and e-journals. Access online library resources off campus using your myOleMiss ID and password.
- The Libraries hold over 1.4 million print volumes, with access to millions of other resources around the world via Interlibrary Loan.
- Renew books online! You will receive an email reminder and a link to your MyLibrary account.
- Lockable study carrels are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for a $5 key fee. Visit the Study Carrels page for more information.
- Library Instruction is available for your classes. Please see our Instructional Services site.
An Important Message from Interlibrary Loan
The J.D. Williams Library offers faculty and staff FREE Desktop Document Delivery of articles from our local collections.
- To provide FREE and timely service, document delivery requests must be:
- Limited to one article per journal issue or one chapter per book and be thirty pages or fewer
- Ten requests or fewer per person per week
- Not a course reserve reading
- To request articles, log in to your ILLiad account and click the "Request Document Delivery" button on your ILLiad Main Menu. If you are a first time user, please set up an account today!
- We are excited to offer this new service, and urge you to take advantage of it! We hope you will find that it makes your library research more productive and less stressful.
If we do not have a book or article you need in our collection you may request the material through Interlibrary Loan. Books take about a week to arrive and articles are delivered to your email electronically in about 24 to 48 hours.
If you are a first time user you will need to set up an account. It is quick and easy online.
- LibX is a FREE download from the Library’s website that allows you to see if our Libraries own a resource on a webpage without leaving the webpage!
Proxy Card Information
To learn more about how to receive a proxy card for your research assistant to check out materials on your behalf, how to place items on course reserves, annex requests, or renewals, please see our Circulation and Access Services site.